Mr. E. and I had a tradition going where we made pizzas for dinner on Friday evenings and enjoyed some Great Lakes Beer--TGIF! However, the tradition went on the lam for a few months and then we received a pizza stone as a wedding gift. If you enjoy homemade pizza and you do not have a pizza stone... drop everything and run to your nearest Bed, Bath and Beyond or Williams-Sonoma to purchase one of these puppies... they will change your pizza making forever!
This evening I decided to make a fresh basil, caramelized onion, roasted garlic and mushroom with rounds of mozzarella cheese pizza. The pizza crust was homemade but unfortunately the limits of time forced me to buy a jar of Trader Joe's spaghetti sauce. However, as you can see from the photos the pizza was still heavenly. In addition, there was some leftover dough and toppings so I ended up making my first calzone stuffed with spinach, sausage, and Parmesan. Mmmmm...They tasted delicious even though the pizza could have been a bit more attractive....


1 comment:
I need a pizza stone!
That calzone looks DELICIOUS.
Post a Comment