Monday, December 1, 2008

Edamame Hummus




We had a bag of frozen edamame in the freezer and I decided that I wanted to make something tasty and healthy that both Mr. E and I would enjoy. So I took Tim's hummus recipe and instead of adding chickpeas/garbanzo beans-I add 2 cups of shelled edamame. It really did not taste that different from traditional hummus but I did love the color!

INGREDIENTS

2 cups of shelled edamame beans
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 T. EVOO
palmful of cumin
1/2 c. FRESH lemon juice (none of that fake stuff in the plastic lemons)
1/3 c. tahini (sesame butter)

Blend in the food processor until and serve with pita bread. We actually took the meal to another level and make pita sandwiches with the edamame hummus, chopped purple onions, romaine lettuce and a schmear of goat cheese.

In addition last night was Mr. E's night to cook... I think he is really getting into this blog thing because he was excited for me to take the perfect photo of the homemade chili he made and then assembled for the photo opportunity. Over the past week he has gotten a few compliments about being a good "husband" because of the fabulously nourishing meals he provides on Sunday evenings.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

He is a great husband- I think I might send Mark to Mr. E Camp.