Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cake Decorating 101






For the last year I have wanted to learn the art of decorating cakes... and I finally found an affordable and local cake decorating class that I am taking with a friend of mine in town. Not to be too modest, but I can make a tasty dessert, however, when it comes to the presentation and appearance, I need some work.

This class is going to do just the trick! We had a homework assignment last week to bake a cake and ice using the techniques we learned in class with our icing bags and try out one or two of the designs we learned last week. I baked a red velvet cake (my first time!) and was psyched at how well the icing and design turned out... Yes, it is fairly basic but to me it looks like something you would find in an actual bakery (at least a grocery store bakery...) Now tonight we are going to dye the icing and learn to make shapes... try to contain your excitement... I will try to post again with the results this week.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

You should have written "Can the Toona" on it.