Unfortunately, I am unable to cook this week because I am traveling for work. Fortunately, I am in NYC--one of the world's best cities for good eats.... Yesterday I met up with one of my dear friends from my days in Philly and we traipsed around the city doing a little of this and some of that... Exactly what one should do on an 85 degree Saturday in NYC.
Later that evening we met up with her hubby and a few other friends for dinner at Fig & Olive in the Meatpacking District--so fun! The restaurant is dark and loud and the design is simple with olive oil bottles lining one of the walls. We had a fabulous dinner of flat bread small plates and Trio La Mer--three fishes all completed with a fig... a wonderful accompaniment. For dessert we shared a chocolate souffle as well as olive oil gelato. This is Diane Sawyer's favorite gelato and I can understand why. Did I mention that it was 85 degrees in NYC and that the air conditioners could not quite keep up with the volume of people in the city... that olive oil gelato was the perfect way to cool down at the end the meal.
College Knowledge
2 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment