Sunday, September 6, 2009

Homegrown Salsa




My good friend in town had me over for chili this week at her urban sophisticate apartment and she happened to have some homemade salsa leftover from dinner the night before. She had used the bounty from that weeks farm share. Mr. E and I also had a bounty of veggies from our farm share and from our garden so I decided to make a catch for our beach weekend. Delicious!

INGREDIENTS

3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (any color)
2 cups cilantro
1 yellow onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 jalapenos (seeded) and minced
juice of 1 lime
salt and peper to taste

Mix together and enjoy immediately!

1 comment:

The Nichols said...

I loved the salsa and dining al fresco. I can't wait until we are both back in town so we can do it again (hopefully it won't be too cold by that time).