Over the holidays, we attended a surprise birthday party for my mother-in-law at her favorite local haunt. One of the appetizers served at the party was this amazing pumpkin hummus--it was so addictive and unlike anything I had ever eaten before. Mr. E. and I are big fans of hummus and eat it frequently throughout the summer because it is easy to make and a very healthy vegetarian dish. After the party, I emailed the restaurant to flatter them with praise and beg for the recipe.... unfortunately they never returned my message so it was left to me to experiment with other recipes on the internet. This was the first one I found and decided to give it a try--although it is not the taste I had hoped to achieve as it really just tasted like regular hummus, I think this might be m new standby because of the added superfood of pumpkin!
PUMPKIN HUMMUS
Ingredients
15oz. can of garbanzo beans
15oz. can of pureed pumpkin
1 T oil
1 smashed garlic clove
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1 T tahini
1 tsp ground cumin
3-4 T water
Mix in a food processor until smooth. The amount of water you will need to add will depend on the pumpkin.... more for canned pumpkin and less for the fresh stuff. Serve with whole wheat pita and carrots.
Introduction to College (And Life)
3 days ago


2 comments:
Still hooked on the pumpkin, eh? That ribollita looks like a good dish for the Foodies!
Yes, I love pumpkin! Not really a craving but close right? I should make that ribollita for the foodies... it was so delicious!
Post a Comment