Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Roasted Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter

I LOVE peanut and almond butter. Yum--I would eat this everyday for lunch on a sandwich if I knew I would not feel guilty about skipping a spinach salad for a nut butter sandwich. We have a great grocery store in town that sells a lot of items in bulk... including nuts! In addition, many of the blogs I follow have inspired me to try to make my own, especially since they include such options as Salt Kissed Cashew Nut Butter and Maple Vanilla Almond Butter... delicious!

My first foray into nut butter took place over the weekend while my in-laws were visiting. Having an extra set of hands or two around the house seems to provide a bit of free time for things like... making nut butters! I got this recipe from http://edibleperspective.com and and it looks like she has a lot of over tasty recipes. However, as a new follower of her blog, I can only vouch for the nut butters.

Roasted Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter


  • 2c Almonds
  • 3T maple syrup
  • 2T maple syrup
  • 1/2t salt
  • 1t cinnamon
  • 1T grapeseed or canola oil
  1. Preheat your oven to 325*
  2. Line a pan with parchment if you don’t want to clean a sticky mess!  Pour the almonds on the pan with 1.5T of the maple syrup.
  3. Roast for ~15min, stirring 3 times.  Watch so they don’t burn. 
  4. Let them cool for 10+min.
  5. Put in the food processor.
  6. Turn the processor on + let it go until it’s buttery 10 ~15min.  Scrape down the bowl as needed. 
  7. Add in the salt, cinnamon and 1T maple syrup and process again until smooth + combined.
  8. Stream in oil and process until smooth consistency is reached.  If it’s still not smooth enough add another 1/2T of oil, but that shouldn’t be necessary.
Thanks Edible Perspective!

1 comment:

The Nichols said...

Yum, yum, yum. This sounds delicious!